Sunday, November 1, 2009

Harvest Box for October 30


Here's a peek inside Life Organic's Harvest Box for the last week of October.

While there are hundreds of wonderful recipes for cooking with avocado, sometimes simple is best. Why not enjoy avocado at its finest and whip up a batch of mouth-watering guacamole? Not sure of where to start? Check out this informative and easy-to-follow video on how to make guacamole.

If dipping your chip into a bowl of guacamole doesn't float your boat, you'll be sure to find something that appeals to your palate at this great resource full of avocado recipes. Bacon-stuffed avocado? Does it get more rich and decadent than that??

I thought I would try and offer a couple new and unique recipes for this week's kale. I often get stuck in a rut with kale and just don't know what to do with it other than sauteeing it up in some olive oil. This Curried Potato Kale Galette looks divine as does this decadent Squash and Kale Phyllo Pie . I'm hoping I have time to try at least one of these this week!

I like the look of these Cajun Roasted Potatoes and am excited to be able to use some peppers in it as well. It promises to provide a little zing to regular mundane potatoes.

That round orange pumpkin-like veggie is actually a Celebration Squash (yeah, I didn't know that either!). Why not bust out of the regular squash fare and serve up some delicious Roasted Celebration Squash with Lemon and Parsley.

This Chinese-inspired Stir-Fried Baby Bok Choy with Garlic would be a great side dish to any Chinese or Asian meal you're serving . . . so why not give it a try?

I tend to slice up my english cucumbers and throw them in tossed salads, but I stumbled upon this Easy English Cucumber Soup and think it looks like a fabulous way to enjoy a little english cucumber on a spoon!

Have yourselves another delicious week!

No comments:

Post a Comment