Friday, November 13, 2009

Harvest Box for November 13

Are you ready to tackle your Life Organic Harvest Box this week?? Look at those mouth-watering leafy greens and that delicious and crunchy broccoli . . .


I am fortunate that my very picky eaters all love broccoli, so I get excited when I see a head or two of broccoli peeking out of my harvest box. Wondering what to do with your broccoli?

For a warm fall treat for lunch, make up a batch of Pureed Broccoli Soup. You can easily add some cream to make it thicker and heartier. If you prefer your broccoli as a side dish to an easy weeknight meal, try this Broccoli with Lemon Butter Sauce (use fresh broccoli and not frozen).

If you're a seafood lover and fancy some shrimp in your diet, serve up a heaping dish of this
Spinach Salad with Spicy Shrimp and Mango which combines the sweet flavour of mango with a tangy, spicy shrimp sauce - our family absolutely loves this salad!

Another good use for this week's spinach is a Tomato Spinach and Basil Soup I came across. What soup with fresh basil isn't amazing, and adding spinach to this soup packs it full of iron and other fabulous nutrients.

A couple easy and tasty salads to throw your green beans into are this Green Bean Salad with Feta and these Almond Green Beans.

Although oranges are definitely delicious peeled and eaten, or squeezed into a rich orange juice, this Orange Biscotti recipe is something I plan on trying out on my gang this week with my Valencia oranges.

I challenge you to combine your kale and broccoli in this Stir-Fried Kale and Broccoli recipe, or better yet, serve up a hearty bowl of this Winter Vegetable Hash which is packed full of veggies, vitamins, and nutrients as well as being completely tasty.

If you've got bunches of carrots on hand, make Carrots with Ginger and Honey one evening and enjoy let your tastebuds soar.

If you're not all that familiar with zucchini, check out all this great Info on Zucchini.
It gives you all the basics you need to know. Ready to tackle those rich green veggies now? Make a Bacon and Zucchini Quiche for brunch one weekend and dazzle your friends and family. And as I've mentioned before, I always leave at least one zucchini for my Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins. My kids can't get enough of them!

Have any recipes you'd like to include in a Life Organic blog post? Please don't hesitate to contact me at craftyshan (at) gmail (dot) com.

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment