Saturday, November 7, 2009

Harvest Box for November 6

A very bright and colourful harvest box arrived on my doorstep this week, full of possibilities.

If you didn't get a chance to check out last week's avocado recipes, try your hand at putting together this quick and easy weeknight Cayenne-rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa. It is healthy, easy, and fast. I often use a little less cayenne pepper when I make this for my kids, and I add a little extra spice when it is just for my husband and I.

Looking for a creative way to add a little lemon flavour to your meals? Try this delicious Lemon Chicken with Green Olives as rich and flavourful meal.

A great side-dish or pot-luck candidate is this tasty and simple Spinach and Cheese Puff Casserole. I made it for Thanksgiving and the dish was empty in absolutely no time. Another option for your fresh, leafy spinach is of course, my all-time very favourite salad -
Warm Spinach Salad with Tomato and Bacon. It's decadent and delicious, and promises not to disappoint.

While my three children all enjoy broccoli raw, with dip or on its own, I like to shake things up sometimes and serve the family this Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli. Since I have a couple of shrimp-lovers on my hands, it is always a big hit and a great way to add more veggies into a pasta dish. Alternatively, this Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower with Lemon and Garlic is a fast and easy side dish with a subtle, rich taste.

Why not grab all the tomaotes you can and make up a couple batches of this Fresh Tomato Sauce? I make several dishes at a time and then measure them out and freeze them so I can grab one at any time when I need it.

Check out that YUMMY looking pineapple! I am hoping to try this Pineapple Lemon Cake in the next few days as it promises to offer up a pleasant desert for us all. And if breakfast is more your style, get some added vitamins and nutrients in your morning power drink with this
Pineapple Delight Smoothie.

This Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe is absolutely delicious. My whole family and all our friends adore these muffins and I simply can't keep a box of these around for long. I don't think you can exactly count it in your veggie content for the day, but I still figure it's better for my kids than other recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment