Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday, February 24th box: Staples. And a pineapple.

by Brie

The box this week was pretty exciting. A pineapple! A nice, big, fabulous pineapple. We will probably cut it up and eat it. But if you want you could bake it in one of my favorite desserts, pineapple upside down cake.



The box had some great basics and favorites. Like an avocado, which you could cut up and eat with salt or add to this black bean salad. Carrots would be great in spiced carrot muffins or this carrot pudding.

Warm food is perfect in this cold weather. I'm thinking an onion tart with the bag of yellow onions. Maybe served with roasted potatoes or potato puffs.

Broccoli with cheese sauce is popular in this house. It would also be great in a quiche, a feta and tortilla crust quiche or roasted in the oven. Mushrooms are so versatile, try frying them up or adding them to sauces, but they would also be wonderful in their pierogi recipe. That is how I am going to cook them. 

This is what's on my menu plan this week. What are you cooking?

Brie loves eating food and is learning to love cooking food. She also blogs about motherhood at Capital Mom and about Ottawa with kids at Kids in the Capital.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Seriously? And strawberries last week a I recall. I'm really starting to think about this produce delivery thing. Friends of ours do it, but everything comes from a local farm - which is great, but I'm pretty sure they don't grow pineapple.

    And thanks for the roasted broccoli recipe - I don't like broccoli, but I do like roasted veggies, will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete