Sunday, April 11, 2010

Organic Harvest Box for April 9, 2010

What a beautiful looking organic harvest box this week! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of this delicious produce . . .

I love tasty, fresh spinach in the spring - there are millions of wonderful good recipes for spinach out there, the trick is just finding a few of your favourites. For starters, why not peruse through this fantastic list of Spinach Recipes from Martha Stewart?? I personally love this Spinach Pie, which can be served as a hearty main dish for lunch or dinner. I also think this Polenta and Spinach Soup looks very interesting, although I have never tried my hand at making it myself. Add to the "interesting" category this Warm Spinach Salad with Fried Egg and Potatoes and you have yourself some new fare for your spinach. Who doesn't love a crunchy spinach salad? Try this Spinach Salad with Dried Cherries or a favourite at our home, Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon, Tomato and Pecans.

If you are finding your regular potato recipes a little "ho hum" these days, why not spice up your regular mash potatoes and try Parmesan Garlic Mashed Potatoes instead? And you can't beat tried and true Garlic Roasted Potatoes - it goes well with just about any meal and is loved by all. If you are a Jamie Oliver fan (and I am), he offers up his suggestion for Perfect Roast Potatoes. Or you could try his Roast Potatoes, Parsnip and Carrots or Baked New Potatoes with Sea Salt and Rosemary - all simple to make and deliciously healthy.

Do those gold beets have you a bit stumped this week? For the more adventurous I suggest trying this Farro Pilaf with Gold Beets, or a nice Roasted Beet Risotto with Lemon Chard. This Red Flannel Hash is another good choice, and for those looking for something quick and easy, try these fun Beet Chips.

Until next week . . . enjoy your harvest boxes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment